To tell you the truth, I don’t even remember shopping at Lush a few years ago, and now I can’t live without it. My best friend Taylor was working at Lush when I first met her, and she has been my point-person for Lush recommendations and knowledge ever since. There’s just something so magical about going into a Lush store, I feel like I’m in a delicious rainbow cloud of skin-care/body-care/hair-care heaven!
So I am here today with my tried and true top picks for my favorite Lush products! These might be some good recommendations to get you started, if you’ve never shopped before, or even just a new idea to add to your list of faves. And please make sure you comment and let me know what you always grab when you’re at Lush so I can try them myself!
1. Shimmy Shimmy Solid Body Tint ($7.95) – this is like a solid moisturizer, that adds a beautiful golden shimmer to your skin. It’s perfect for the décolletage, and has a gorgeous sagey-vanilla scent.
2. Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly ($7.95-$12.95) – I’m so sad, I don’t think they make this anymore! This is a semi-solid shower jelly which you can keep in the freezer or fridge and use whole (a la a bar of soap) or break off pieces into your loofa or washcloth and it lathers right up. I love this because it’s gentle on my lady bits and has a delicious sweet cherry-coconut scent, and a seaweed base that makes my skin super soft. Another shower jelly you could try is Woosh.
3. Feeling Younger Skin Tint ($19.95) – This stuff is magical. Wear it alone to give your face an iredecent glow, use it as a cream highlight on cheekbones and cupid’s bow, or sometimes I mix it with my foundation for an ultra-dewy look. The cocoa butter and jojoba oils are gentle and soothing to your skin too so it doesn’t feel heavy or harsh.
4. No Drought Dry Shampoo ($8.95-$15.95) – This is a powder form that absorbs the extra oils on your scalp and roots, without making your hair gray like so many dry shampoos do. I just tap it on where needed and shake or brush it out through my hair, and voila! Clean (looking) AF. I also like that this doesn’t make my hair feel sticky like some aerosol cans of dry shampoo can. And the scent is a yummy citrusy lemon smell.
5. Bubblegum Lip Scrub ($10.95) – I have three pots of this at all times, no lie. I am obsessed. Not only does it exfoliate the shit out of my typically dry lips, it tastes and smells so freakin good. It also has hydrating oils so my lips feel plump and smooth after I use this. Pro-tip: exfoliate lips before using liquid lipstick to avoid patchiness! After you scrub it on, you just lick it off. If you’re not 6-years old like me, there are other flavors too; Popcorn, Chocolate, Mint Julips, and The Kiss.
6. Eau Roma Water ($10.95-$22.95) – this toner is everything for dry skin. I love it so much more than any other kind I’ve used (including the famous Mario Badescu Rose Water and Murad’s Hydrating Toner). It just makes my skin feel refreshed and hydrated and the smell is perfect, not too overpowering. You can spray this after cleansing, or even to give new life to your makeup midday. I do love true Rose scent though, so if you aren’t a fan, maybe try the Tea Tree Water or Breath of Fresh Air instead!
7. Cup O’ Coffee Face & Body Mask ($10.95-$19.95) – This mask smells like a cup of fucking coffee. Literally. Mixed with a touch of cocoa for sweetness, I love it because it’s a thick, exfoliating, strong and powerful mask for my dry skin, but leaves me feeling smooth, clean and glowy. It also gives me a little touch of tan color to my face after using! I typically use for my face, but you can use it on your whole body!
So those are my top choices (or at least items I have repeat purchased!) from Lush. Of course I love their bath bombs as well, (so fun for you to pamper yourself, or even mom’s to use with kids!) but my current apartment only has a shower. WAH! I do have a little wishlist though, I love checking out their holiday collections so I will definitely be snagging some of the Easter items, like Wash Behind Your Ears bodywash, and I also really want to try the Toothy Tabs, maybe in Oral Pleasure (because I love the name and passionfruit)! What are your favorite Lush products??